No repeat charge

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
PeteTranter'sSister

Post by PeteTranter'sSister »

Hmmm, you may recall I started a thread about the 'shite 12V battery situation. Well, in the December 12 month service the 12V battery was replaced and since then I've had no more trouble in that particular area. It's still unfathomable that there is no 12V battery death warning despite the car being chock full of sensors and software.

Three months later and I'm still waiting for the driver's heated seat to be fixed, which I am fairly sure blew when I hot wired the 12V battery last time it went flat. They are apparently waiting for heating elements to be delivered by a man on a bike all the way from Japan.

Anyway, I have cheap overnight charging on Octopus (UK). I have just fathomed out that if you leave the car plugged in and don't go anywhere near it with the keys then it won't repeat charge on the second night. All the necessary boxes are ticked on the car software screen. So it is effectively a 1-night charge and I have to attend the vehicle, unlock, turn on, turn off and it will then repeat the charge on the second night. I'm not sure if this is an Ariya fault or due to my charging box but if I were a gambling man I think by now you know where I'd place all my money. And last night I put it on a charging timer and it didn't even charge at all, even though when I left it the dashboard light was flashing green, as it should.....that's another problem for another day (or night).

So when they get round to fixing the heated seat, just in time for summer I expect, I will get them to scratch their heads about the repeat charging schedule and wait for their response and I similarly think we all know what it will be.

Fantastic car to drive but an absolute shocker on the software and user interface aspect. My wife loves and hates the car. If it ever got stolen and written off, I wouldn't buy another unless all the software niggles were sorted.

PTS

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Weird, I can charge repeat my Ariya several times no problem, either from the timed charge through the Nissan app or in vehicle infotainment or from my wallbox app, wonder why is not working for you.