Gremlins

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Hi. Today I was washing the car. Then the boot just opened and closed it self 3 times.

The other days it lost the drivers seat memory settings.

Then sat in the drivers seat one morning and the seat just went all the way forward and retracted the steering wheel.

Then unlocking the car set the horn off, not great at 7 am.

More to the bizzar list.
Last edited by karltk1 on Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I have given up on this car.. l
Every day i can't even unlock the door without using the remote buttons as the handle has stopped working.
It need 12v top up all the time.
The constant alarm going off no matter. So can never lock the car. Its embarrassing.
The seat is a constant fight to keep lumper from pumping up all the time.
Its impossible to safely use the self driving.
I can't even check the battery on my app without paying for it or do remote charging. What a joke.
Tyres dead in a year.
Haptic buttons are literally a safety issue.
Steering wheel so full of malfunctions.
The auto bright lights don't work very well and mostly on low beam even on a dark rural road. Never mind the wipers not working in drizzle.
And the 10 other things I haven't even listed.
I don't even bother with this forum anymore. This is my first check in for a while now.
Also there are a few secret 'dealer' accounts on here now pretending to be users and propping up the cars faults as nothing.
So overall a nightmare for me.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

No gremlins in my Ariya, don't know if you have bad luck or if I am lucky.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Cosmyc wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:05 pm No gremlins in my Ariya, don't know if you have bad luck or if I am lucky.
Ditto. Bad luck, as not many Ariya owners complain of anything as large as that list.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Not sure dealers would be that bothered about making a few comments on a forum !!!! But what the heck do I know . All I can say is my car has behaved impeccably from day one ….sorry to hear about the others who seem to generate so many faults and niggles
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Envolt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:41 pm I have given up on this car.. l
Every day i can't even unlock the door without using the remote buttons as the handle has stopped working.
It need 12v top up all the time.
The constant alarm going off no matter. So can never lock the car. Its embarrassing.
The seat is a constant fight to keep lumper from pumping up all the time.
Its impossible to safely use the self driving.
I can't even check the battery on my app without paying for it or do remote charging. What a joke.
Tyres dead in a year.
Haptic buttons are literally a safety issue.
Steering wheel so full of malfunctions.
The auto bright lights don't work very well and mostly on low beam even on a dark rural road. Never mind the wipers not working in drizzle.
And the 10 other things I haven't even listed.
I don't even bother with this forum anymore. This is my first check in for a while now.
Also there are a few secret 'dealer' accounts on here now pretending to be users and propping up the cars faults as nothing.
So overall a nightmare for me.
That really is a long list. Not great. There are a few familiar problems and a few have had some of those issues on this forum to.

My auto lights are intermittent to. Manual work well though! There just not consistent, when they do work they are good.

Tires are fine. On par with most others.

Sensors die in very heavy rain frequently. Never had that problem on my previous BMW's, Volvos and Skoda's.

Auto recirculation button flickers alot?

These are gremlins though and like a lot of cars, they have teething troubles, but should have ironed these out with software fixes mostly. Still waiting.

It's good to see other have impeccable cars, jealous.