Nissan App Finally Dead

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

So after all the threatening emails about the Nissan App expiring - it has finally happened.
I can no longer do anything.
No car charging for me then.
They 100% never mentioned this to me when buying the car.
Who knew about this when buying their car?

signal-2023-12-13-103826_002.jpeg

IMG_6017.jpg

NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

NOT ME !!!!! I’ve had a couple of frustrating conversations with Nissan regarding this , they just blamed the dealer for not telling me 😳
Tega

Post by Tega »

It was never mentioned to me either!!
I had the same process as others have described on similar threads, email warnings saying 6 months notice then a few weeks notice then 7 days notice. However from first warning email to switch off was no where near 6 months. Mine expired 27 November although I have just yesterday subscribed to the battery management part of the app as it’s just too convenient to be without for me.
I mentioned my annoyance of this to the dealership sales manager a couple of weeks ago when in for the recall. He said he had heard the same from another customer but just added this seems to be the way things are now going. I should have asked him if and when Nissan informed them of this new connect app subscription policy and if the dealership are now informing new and potential buyers that very important parts of this app are now pay for subscription after 14 months (in my case).
It would be interesting to hear from more recent Ariya purchasers if they were informed of this by the dealer.
Spooran

Post by Spooran »

The app is one of the worst car apps out there and yet they charge to use it. I would happily pay if they added some basic features:

- ability to control battery charge using %
- knowing the actual temperature in the cabin. Cold/warm/hot is ridiculous
- Siri integration that actually works

Any other requests?
NRDariya

Post by NRDariya »

My app has stopped working today. I've received the same messages as you. However, a few weeks ago I received an email stating that it has been extended, for free, for 6 months. The email said there was nothing for me to do and that the Nissan team would sort it, but it's still stopped.

I wasn't informed about the subscription when I bought the vehicle. Very disappointed with Nissan.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Spooran wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:21 am The app is one of the worst car apps out there and yet they charge to use it. I would happily pay if they added some basic features:

- ability to control battery charge using %
- knowing the actual temperature in the cabin. Cold/warm/hot is ridiculous
- Siri integration that actually works

Any other requests?

I have a long list of things they could easily do.
However Ill settle for just getting ALARM notifications, Smart home API integration, Proper trip history, Battery graph would be nice too, Data download, Ability to track the car when someone presses NO to terms when starting the car like when its stolen.
Oh wait I forgot.. its never going to happen because neither Nissan or the dealers give sh*t about the consumer. Once the car is sold. Its toodle doo to all promises and let the lies begin. And forget feature upgrades buy a new car instead.
Also its not like they can't do it because the USA version of the APP does some of this stuff. UK just got the worst app edition and also the no-pilot pro-pilot v0.0.
And in their wisdom of charging for the stupid app. The one things they could have left functional was the freaking car charging. How the heck do you have an electric car that has no car charging on the app unless you pay. WTF. I am fuming as you can tell.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I also have lost this part of the app. It's the only thing that has disappeared to be fair. I can live without it, as it was useless. Should be a basic part of the app really and free. Charge for maps, live traffic etc, that's fine, but not this. Apart from telling me how many miles I had left, it was a joke. After over a decade of electrification in cars almost pioneers, they have learnt nothing in software terms. Also no full single peddle driving, a staple for the leaf. A pioneering company for electric cars is still a child in an adults world, despite millions of miles experience.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Not knowing how much charge is in the car remotely is actually quite a problem for me.
I looked into OBD interfaces that can send OBD information which includes things like battery state of charge (SOC) etc..
But guess what!! You can do it for every other electric car on the market except the Ariya - why? because despite the legal right to repair (RTR) they have locked this system down and there is no easy way to interface with the car.
You can do it with the Leaf but not the Ariya. So now you are locked into using their app or nothing unless someone cracks the OBD coding for the Ariya.
Which is also why you can't just add this to your smart home screen and see your cars status like you would with most other electric or normal cars.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

One more thing. The Pro-Pilot v1 useless rubbish they put into this UK edition of the car is literally from 2016 - no wonder its useless.
They could have easily given us the same as the USA version 2.0 no matter what the excuse is and you can't retrofit v2.

Here is a clip from Nissans own 'Nissan Technical Review 89"

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNI ... En_ALL.pdf
https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNICALREVIEW/

pro-pilot-uk2.jpg

pro-pilot-uk.jpg

Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Pro-Pilot 2 only works where there is high definition mapping which means some parts of the USA but virtually none of Europe which is why there is no PP2 in Europe. I use PP1 frequently. The extra functionality of PP2 such as auto lane change doesn't strike me as that much of a benefit.