Find the Correct Tyre

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

I need a new tyre to replace a damaged one; I have the 19" Dunlops. I can find the right size but without the Sponge noise absorption system. My Nissan dealer says that they can't source the correct matching tyre as their supplier does not supply the spong insert type. Has anyone managed to buy a 19" Dunlop of the identical specification to that delivered with the car, and, if so, where from?

Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

After giving up with the major tyre fitting companies, I persevered withe my Nissan dealer. After several calls to clarify that I wanted the same noise absorbing tyre fitted at the factory, the dealer phoned yesterday to say they have one! So, if you need tyres soon, or if you need one in a hurry, think what you are going to do.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Mad really, how hard should it be to find tyres. Even EV ones, especially these days. My dealer said the same thing, they would have trouble getting tyres to.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

The tyres on mine are the worst I have ever experienced, very poor grip under any conditions. Don't trust them at all.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Yes, with a tonne of weight on the axle, the tyres spin up so easily. Grip feels like I should worry but they seem to go round corners in the wet OK. I would never deliberately push these though.