New EV Owner

New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
Michael448

Post by Michael448 »

Hi,

My mother just last week acquired a 63kw Advance model of the Nissan Ariya under the Motability Scheme. We ordered in early September and received a black one as this was the quickest delivery vehicke we could get.

The vehicle drives great and the technology is really engaging and useful to have. The build quality is really impressive and so far very pleased with the vehicle. I think Nissan Done a great job to put so much in a compact package of 4.6 meters, just about fit in our garage.

Only thing I'm not sure for now is why the led lights on the top half of the doors and front dash do not light up at night.
Also with your OHME charger setting the charge limit to 80% the vehicle decided to charge to 100%.

Be nice to get to know other members here and learn more.

Best Wishes

Michael

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

The kumiko pattern on the center floor and the armrest on both front doors is standard on all trims, the LED line in the most upper part of the dash and doors is only included on Evolve trims. In both cases the brightness is controlled independently on the instrument cluster menu.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Michael,

The reason that the OHME charger goes over your 80% target is that the API of the Nissan can’t be got by the OHME, or so I’m told!
What you have to do is add the % you want to be at to the starting % of the car. So if you are sitting at 20% and want to get to 80% just add 60% as the target.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Further to my last re OHME charger and Nissan see this I got from OHME:

https://ohme-ev.com/support/how-do-i-ch ... or-my-car/
Michael448

Post by Michael448 »

Cosmyc wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:18 pm The kumiko pattern on the center floor and the armrest on both front doors is standard on all trims, the LED line in the most upper part of the dash and doors is only included on Evolve trims. In both cases the brightness is controlled independently on the instrument cluster menu.
Hi thanks for getting back to me. Was waiting for the dealer to inform me on this & a strange decision to me this simply thing was only to given to the top spec model. A friend having the Evolve model told me its rather inoying at night so maybe its for the best :-)
Michael448

Post by Michael448 »

Graham wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:46 pm Michael,

The reason that the OHME charger goes over your 80% target is that the API of the Nissan can’t be got by the OHME, or so I’m told!
What you have to do is add the % you want to be at to the starting % of the car. So if you are sitting at 20% and want to get to 80% just add 60% as the target.
Hi Graham, I asked Nissan and they know very little about it saying just charge to 100% and its OK. Nissan connect recognises the charging Schedule from the OHME app but ignores the limit setting. I work a way around it being to set the night times to less hours calculating 7.4kwh to how much I want it o charge and this works to stop it charging too much keeping it around 80% which is my aim.

Thanks
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Of course they say just charge to 100% because they have no clue about battery technology and longevity.
It is more than a documented fact that over 80 is bad and below 20 is bad. They are not fussed if your car gets 3000 charge cycles or 6000+ with good treatment.
I spent months studying battery systems and it is so frustrating to see them say things like that.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Envolt wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:51 am Of course they say just charge to 100% because they have no clue about battery technology and longevity.
It is more than a documented fact that over 80 is bad and below 20 is bad. They are not fussed if your car gets 3000 charge cycles or 6000+ with good treatment.
I spent months studying battery systems and it is so frustrating to see them say things like that.
Agreed.