Programmed climate control

New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ariyana

Post by Ariyana »

Hi, I am new to the Ariya as of 7 months ago. Can anyone help me with the programmed climate control and why the alarm might be going off when the climate control kicks in? It does this with the turning on climate via the app whether it's a one time or programmed but seems to be more often when I'm at home. Could it be related to the vicinity of the keys? 🤔

Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Ariyana, the alarm being activated when preconditioning the car via the App is a well known Ariya issue that has existed with a significant proportion of Ariyas since the car was introduced. Coincidentally, you ask the question just as Nissan appear to have a "fix". People are now taking their cars for the software update and it appears to work.
Ariyana

Post by Ariyana »

Really? I've just picked mine back up last week and they never mentioned it. Might give them a call... AGAIN.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

@milkfloat … you say there is a new fix for the alarm issue?
I have been hearing that for a year already but maybe just maybe one day it will be true.
Do you have any specifics?
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

It exists. Mine is fixed; no alarm after 3 pre-conditioning events. Fingers crossed that it continues. Go to the last few entries at the end of this thread.
https://www.speakev.com/threads/remote- ... st-3533822
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Thanks. If possible - could you check that the alarm actually still works ? Maybe by sitting in the car when you lock and then start the remote climate function then wave a hand around and it should go off.
I am wondering if they have just disabled it instead of fixing it.
Last edited by Envolt on Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Ha, ha, I never thought of that. I will give it a go over the weekend.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

IMG_8353.png

IMG_8353.png

NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Just a small excerpt of an email I received from customer services