12v battery discharge again

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

In filthy weather on the M3 yesterday, mine lost the front radar for a few minutes but I have had that in other cars also. None of the other sensors went into alarm.

mickatkirkby

Post by mickatkirkby »

On two occasions now (during the summer) I've looked out at my car in the night to see it illuminating the street. I have "walk-away-locking" on and auto-main beam. I'd not switched the "ignition" off. I'm sure that in the morning the lights would have been off but the 12v battery drained.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Warning messages for headlamp fault ignored and disappeared but reappeared the other day along with lane warning light and emergency brake light despite me setting as not active. Car recently been in for both the recall and first service.

Car booked in for investigation.

Dealer said 12 volt battery needed an overnight charge with them and further tests in the morning.

Now saying the battery is goosed and needs replacing!

Battery replaced today but dealer now says the car’s screen is full of warning messages. They ran diagnostics but they could not get any answers so would have to contact Nissan Technical, wherever they are,

The good news is that the dealer has extended my short term use of a Leaf they gave me for the initial diagnosis to over this weekend so I am not car free 😊

The only thing I have additional to the original spec is a dash cam, front and rear,, fitted by the dealer when new so what has caused the 12 v battery to fail is any ones guess?
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Seems like the 12v battery is becoming more of an issue now. My dealer has replaced quite a few new. Bad batch? Or maybe there is a more serious fault underneath causing the problem. My DC to DC converter has cropped up a few time on my scanner.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

No faults with any 12V related since March 2023 on my Ariya yet.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Update on my 12v post:
Nissan Technical have told my dealer that the ADAS Lane Departure Warning unit needs replacing.
They can’t get the part for 3 days so I’m guessing it will be Monday before it is fitted and hopefully resolves the problem.
Still got the use of the Leaf courtesy car 😊
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

They're being very nice with you with that Leaf courtesy car.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Further update on 12v battery.
Good news: ADAS lane departure part came and fitted yesterday.
Bad news: All warning lights back. Nissan Europe tech can’t help and escalated to Nissan Technical Japan!!
Is my Ariya, in the whole of Europe with this fault, the only one that they don’t know how to fix?
Still got the Leaf courtesy car😀
shawn72

Post by shawn72 »

been checking an Ariya for this problem, think ive just found the problem, might be similar problem others are facing, IPDM showing bonnet open even though it is closed
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

shawn72 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:13 pm been checking an Ariya for this problem, think ive just found the problem, might be similar problem others are facing, IPDM showing bonnet open even though it is closed
Makes sense, because the DC-DC charger is disabled if the bonnet is open, acording to the "strategy 12V charging" internal document from Nissan for the Ariya.