Thinking of leasing an Ariya

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Nissan99

Post by Nissan99 »

Hi

Am thinking of leasing an Ariya on salary sacrifice and then buying it at the end of the lease.

What should I be aware of? Anything to watch out for?

What is the sweet spot in terms of model? ( I like the panoramic roof but the cost seems to go up quite a bit for that variant)

What does an "onboard 22kw charger" mean in practice - What home charger do I need to install to get the most benefit from the 22kw charge?

Am looking fwd to never having to visit a petrol station again and being able to get into a warm and defrosted car in the mornings

Sorry for all the Q's but in terms of technical prowess I have only just mastered light switches ;-)

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

The Ariya comes well equipped in the Advance trim but I would go for the Evolve one if you could, or at least go for the Advance + Sky Pack to get the panoramic roof you want without going for full equipment.

The 22kW charger is a tri phase one, for taking advantage of it you would have to have tri phase electricity on your home, if you already have it good, if not, I would say that it isn't worth it the extra cost to charge faster at home, with one phase at 7.4kW is more than enough, which is the maximum you can use with one phase. We're talking 3-4 hours charging VS 9-13 hours depending on the battery you choose for 22kW and 7kW speed respectively.
Nissan99

Post by Nissan99 »

Thanks

I must admit the panoramic roof would be nice. I really like the car but the interior feels quite plasticky compared to the Mercedes EQA but unfortunately the boot on the Merc is just too small and the EQB looks like a hearse. There are some ridiculous deals on the Mercedes....cheaper to lease than the Nissan which when you are comparing a £60k car to a £40k one seems nuts. I even questioned it with the lease co to make sure it wasn't a glitch
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

For the plasticky feel all you can do is, on the Evolve trim the dash and the upper part of the inner dors are covered in Alcantara, and if you get the Sport Pack it will be blue nappa leather. I have an Evolve and having at least the Alcantara it feels the cars is dressed, in the Advance or Engage is more like barebones.