NissanConnect Services Expired

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Nissan Says ....

Renew your NissanConnect Services
Thank you for being such a loyal Nissan customer. We are writing to inform you that your subscription to NissanConnect Services comes to an end in the next few weeks.
We hope you enjoyed your complimentary connected driving experience, and found value from the features this provided.

---------
.. Why thank you Nissan... I am a loyal customer that has taken a lot of abuse from you but I would love to start paying more for something I was told was free at the start..
.. Oh and I find it even better that I can't use apple car play wireless and use my own wifi solution but instead have to pay your awesome orange mobile contract instead.
.. Plus don't forget how you told me I have to have the orange contract otherwise my maps and remote control will stop working.. yeah that was great advise!
.. How I pay all this and still I can't get an alert when my alarm goes off (which is all the time if I lock my car) and how I can't set me charger to stop as X% or how my smart home can't interface with your lack of API functions.
.. Ariya was the future of electric cars that you sold me on indeed. World class sales talk about how upgradable this car will be.. great when am I getting ProPilot 2.0?
.. I am sure I could write an entire book on this but while you are at it.. seeing as you are fixing the NissanConnect - can you fix the fact that my schedule keeps resetting if I toggle it and how I cant get a log of each drive (not just some random daily total).
.. Also what good are Smart Alerts when you can just click No on the terms that appear on the car display and they don't work. That includes no tracking or anything else. Anyone stealing a Nissan should just deny the terms screen and drive away.
---------

Ariya-monthly-rip.jpg

Ariya-monthly-rip2.jpg

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I got the same message after a previous one saying they would extend the license by 6 months. Still waiting for clarification. However, all my licenses still have loads of time on them. Bizzare
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

In the scheme of things to run servers performing these functions is peanuts. Why try and force customers to pay to remote lock their car for silly amounts each month.
I literally program and build servers that do just this and I can say that for about £80 a month it would cover an entire countries worth of cars if not more.
The coding behind it is simple, poorly done at that and they have done little to advance any of it.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Just got a 7 day warning.. can't wait!
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

My “ battery manager “ disappeared of my app …….wouldn’t give Nissan the satisfaction of paying for it !!!!!!
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

It's appalling. A failing company, destined to eventually die. The Japanese Govt. will almost certainly rescue Toyota but Nissan.........
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

I think subscription charges of this kind suck but they are becoming increasingly common in many situations. As to Nissan failing though, I note that after a strong first half performance, Nissan raised its projected full year profit to $2.6 billion. Not the strongest performance in the industry but hardly a company on the edge just yet!
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Nissan is hardly flopping right now guys.
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

Anyone know how much they charge for the battery manager tia
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

Ok don't worry I've just seen the price on the first post doh