NissanConnect Services Expired

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
lj2830

Post by lj2830 »

Hi all.

I was reading these forum topics was shocked to find out about the subscription charges after a certain period to check your battery charge etc, so I found a loop hole and thought I would share for those that might not know.

Here goes. Nissan state that Amazon Alexa functionality is free for life and by using the Alexa app you can get all for the same features for free but no unlock/lock. However, you can add a digital key to your phone for free if you use iPhone and probably android offer this as well.

You need to register an Amazon account in the Nissan connect services app and this doesn’t require anything paid and then in the Alexa app add the Nissan skill.

Link to step by step on what the Alexa skill can do and how to install it is here:

Hope this saves you all a few quid each month and gives you back any features. Happy new year everyone.

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Interesting stuff. Thanks. I for some reason a 6 month extension. Don't know why either.
NRDariya

Post by NRDariya »

I was told that I had a 6 month free extension for ALL functions on the app. When I enquired about it with Nissan customer services I was told that the extension was for the maps only. Anything else I'd have to pay for.
Very disappointed with Nissan AGAIN.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

The only thing I lost was the battery info. The rest has a few years left as it's on lease.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

@NRDariya - Welcome to the club of not knowing what your car is up to unless you pay up with yet another subscription.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I dug deeper into how the App and API works. So its already established that the USA app is MILES better in so many ways with more features.
And now I have finally got some API code but it appears the UK/EU coding is completely blocked and utterly useless.
Its like two different cars when looking at it from a tech point of view and I am almost certain the USA cars have a totally different and much newer onboard computer.
I think we have been seriously duped in the UK - you just don't see it visually.
[FYI - API is the way people who write computer software and send commands to get a response from a system]