Recall?

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Got my car in for an inverter fix, presume software, on Wednesday.

Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Letter arrived here too.
I am still convinced that instead of fixing the issues, this 'work around' software fix is bypassing the original software safety feature - so that they don't have to replace anything physically and spend money.
Of course Nissan would never do that right or ignore problems like the CVT Automatic Gearbox/Transmission problem that has cost people a fortune when they knew it was faulty. USA has nice class-action for that one but not the rest of the world.
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

Just had my recall letter to book in asap .they are having a laugh tried twice to book in but they haven't released the software to the dealer yet,but as my car is in the garage awaiting parts it my be available by the time the car is fixed ,or maybe not..
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Just received recall letter today …..unfortunately my usual dealer not yet equipped!!!!!
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Same as you NissanFan. Got the recall, booked in at my dealer then they phoned me 4 hours later and said that they couldn't do it. Now have to go to another premises of the same franchise 4 times further away.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

My dealer has done the software upgrade. I waited while they did it. About an hour ish. They new what the recall was for before I mentioned it. So hopefully I haven't been fobbed off.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Still no letter though. Just went if the UK Gov website and found it.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Don't wait for a letter. Book it in the dealership should know by now. Mines in Thursday.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I have my first year of maintenance on march, I'll wait by then, zero issues with my Ariya until now.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Dealers often get a roasting, sometimes deservedly so. To add some balance I want to praise mine. Had a call to confirm the software upgrade is going to go ahead but they were concerned about how long it might take and didn't want to find themselves under pressure with me waiting, so offered to loan me an Ariya so I could drop off today giving them time to do the update with minimum inconvenience to me. Now that is service. Putting the customer first, before profit, is an increasingly rare thing so should be applauded and broadcast whenever it is experienced.

I wonder whether mine is the first they have done. Would explain the abundance of caution, welcome whatever the reason.