Stranded on holiday in France

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
ghengeveld

Post by ghengeveld »

Yes, a €20k bill for Nissan, all under warranty.

Nisari

Post by Nisari »

ghengeveld wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:23 am I got my car back after a little under 2 weeks in the shop (after another 2 weeks go get hauled to my local dealer first). As indicated prior, they had to replace the power distribution unit (PDU) because it was busted. When they took out the PDU they discovered that the metal rods connecting it to the motor were slightly charred (which might be the result of a short), so they ended up replacing the entire motor. So I now have a new motor and PDU, and the car is operational again.
Good to hear your car is back :). Hopefully no issues will arise in the future. Impressive they have resolved the issue within only two weeks including the replacement of the motor. That’s quite an operation.

Do you know where the PDU is located in the car?

Unfortunately my car is still in the repairshop. They have found the issue but have not been able to succesfully resolve it. Nissan tech involved, seems to be the first car with this kind of issue. Almost 6 weeks already and counting :(.
ghengeveld wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:23 am Overall my experience with Nissan in France was pretty bad, but my local Nissan dealer (in Amersfoort, NL) has been excellent. They've been proactive in letting me know about the status of my car and very forthcoming to arrange a loaner vehicle (a Leaf).
No proactivity at my dealership. I have to call them to find out what the latest status is (once a week). I know they are doing their best to get things resolved, but the lack of communication makes the overall experience really bad. Also the hassle to get a proper laoner car (a QQ) was quite frustrating.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Communication is one of many of my dealers weak points.
Trying another dealer now further away to see if there's any difference.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

@Nisari - I don't know whats wrong with Nissan these days - just terrible.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

With mention of the inverter I wonder if its related to the very recent recall on Ariyas thats happening in the US?