Unlock charger

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
airay

Post by airay »

Ariya Manual page 215 for Tim.pdf
(602.44 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Hi Everybody,
Popped into our local dealer today to ask a couple of questions:-

a) page 47 of the manual tells you how to remove the charger if its locked in (i knew about the lock/unlock sequence but wanted a bit more info about this method to be used in extreamis.
(see attached clip of the manual). I was introduced to the senior EV tech. Explained what I was looking for. He told me it did not exist. I showed him the page in the manual. He went to look on his master system then came back and said that it was a one-time lever and if I used it it would break and I would have to purchase a new charging unit. Also, if I folowed the instruction in the manual I would recieve 400 volts which would kill me. - I'd only asked for him to point out exactly where the little white button was so I new what to do in future! Anybody any experience of this little white release button - or have you been frazzled trying to use it!

b) page 215 of the manual (see attached pic. says if you want a paper copy of the infotatainment/satnav manual go into your local dealership. I showed the page of the manual to the parts people who said they would have to make some calls. Came back and told me they had located a (secret?) number to call and would get back to be. anybody every actually received one of these manuals?

unplug.jpg

1967 - first car - Austin A35 (second hand)
Latest car - Advance (63)

Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

After using a high power light and methodically searching, I agree with the dealer tech, the emergency release doesn't exist! The manual is incorrect.
airay

Post by airay »

Thanks for looking Milkfloat. I think I must have a rare and valuable misprinted manual, bit like a stamp with the king's head printed upside down! Think I'll put it safely in my Swiss bank account vault. Oh, wait, I haven't got one of those.
Is there a member who has just taked delivery? If so, is the error still there?

Still love everything about the car - except of course the annoying reverse beeping.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

This featured in one of the threads 4 or 5 months ago. My car absolutely does not have the emergency release but someone with a LHD vehicle posted pictures showing that his had it. The manual also shows the indistinct images on a LHD car. Is that chance, coincidence or reality?
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

My dealer said they now have stock of the tool you need in case of emergencies. Only £27 incl vat - seems pretty reasonable.

nissan_ariya_charge_port_disconnector.png

airay

Post by airay »

Think It'll order a left hand and right hand one, just in case :D
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

:D
airay wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:26 pm Think It'll order a left hand and right hand one, just in case :D
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Joking apart, which I enjoyed by the way, I have had a few rapids/ultra rapids lock the charger in place and have tried lock/unlock multiple times to get it released but even then found there is sometimes a delay before it finally releases. Never had the problem at home. Why the difference?