Range

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

I have the 87k Evolve. Did a trip to Nottingham (circa 125 miles). On my return journey I noticed I had averaged 3.9 kWh per mile. It was a mixture of MW and A roads averaging circa 50 mph. If the battery is 87 kWh of usable energy then that would give almost 340 miles. That surprised me, a lot! Going for me was a temperature of circa 17c so minimum use of climate and not a great deal of stop start and hardly any hills. I used B and Eco mode for pretty much the whole way too.

I stopped at a Gridserve for a quick squirt whilst I had a quick squirt and wasn't charged. Made it quite a day. :D

What's your car getting in these milder temperatures?

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

3.3 so far, but haven't done a long journey yet. But I can easily get 290 on the journeys I am doing. I dong use eco at all. Hur and miss with the b mode really. So most of this is standard e pedel driving.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I've done more than 300 miles with my Ariya easily in one charge a couple of times, with ~20⁰C, efficient driving and never exceeding 50 miles per hour on highway. In fact my odometer has shown more than 400 miles remaining twice, I'm super impressed. The efficiency of this powertrain is absurdly high for a non Tesla EV.
paulm

Post by paulm »

I have an 87kw e-4orce. I get about 2.9 to 3.0 miles per kwh most of the time, which is mainly motorway driving on pretty clear roads so driving at around the speed limit. That has given me a range of about 250 miles, compared to the WLTP figure of 285 miles. I also have the bigger wheels, which I understand reduces the range but I don't know my how much. If I do more mixed driving, the efficiency goes up to about 3.2 miles per kwh.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Maybe the computer isn't good at maths. Today on an 9 miles journey on mainly motorways at national speed limits + vat!! I ended up at 16.4 mpkh. Lol. I have 13 a couple of times previously, also today I had a more realistic 3.9 on a couple of journeys at 15 degrees c. It's a little unpredictable to be honest but I have clocked 290 miles recently for real. The other values are hit and miss. Battery percentage is probably a better guage.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

paulm wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:46 pm I have an 87kw e-4orce. I get about 2.9 to 3.0 miles per kwh most of the time, which is mainly motorway driving on pretty clear roads so driving at around the speed limit. That has given me a range of about 250 miles, compared to the WLTP figure of 285 miles. I also have the bigger wheels, which I understand reduces the range but I don't know my how much. If I do more mixed driving, the efficiency goes up to about 3.2 miles per kwh.
20" rims shaves about 20 miles compared to 19" ones which are the ones that I have, also e-4orce drivetrain shaves about 15 additional miles compared to 2WD, so a 2WD 19" vs 4WD 20" Ariya has about 10-15% less range.
I'm usually slightly below WLTP consumption but I'm being very efficient. But I can comfirm that with my 2WD 19" Ariya at 20⁰C with efficient driving I can drive circa 400 miles, but this is squeezing carefully every kWh of the battery.

The worst thing for this car is definitely driving at high speeds, specifically above the aerodynamics sweet spot of 55 miles per hour, which trashes the efficiency, I have to drive always at 50 miles per hour max to get better than WLTP range.
Last edited by Cosmyc on Fri May 05, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Yesterday I had a short drive of 4 miles to a local Town. I was amused by how erratic the m/kWh was. At one point I was seeing double figures, going down hill, then back down to 6 going up. Still finished the trip both ways at 4.2, so it settled down very quickly. Temperature was 13c. The temperature as well as high speed seem to be the biggest influencers on range. Haven't had the benefit of 20c yet. :cry:
paulm

Post by paulm »

My most efficient ever drive was from the top of the Cairngorm mountain to Aviemore. I drove 10 miles and the car battery charge level went up by 2%. I think the display was showing either 99m/kWh or 999m/kWh while I was driving, which I presume is the highest it can go. Sadly, most of my driving is not downhill.
Graham53

Post by Graham53 »

Had mine about 6 months now (e-force 87kW) and and done about 6000 miles, generally getting about 340 by GOM. Running in B with eco on. Keep generally to the speed limit, but retired so not usually in any great hurry. I tie a caravan with it and can get about 140 miles while towing.
jeffgolding

Post by jeffgolding »

I have the 87 kWh evolve, I try to drive within the speed limits and gently, I regularly get 4.4 mpkwh and during the summer always got 360-370 on a full charge, I absolutely love it 🥰