Keenly waiting for my new Ariya!

New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
Iggy007

Post by Iggy007 »

Hi All, just signed up to the forum hoping to contribute as well as consume! Evolve Sport 87kw on order with Tusker through a Salary Sacrifice Scheme, but delivery just pushed back to late April :(

Test drove quite a few EVs and Ariya is definitely the best experience was quite suprised how poor some of the alternatives are, particularly Volvo - Kia is great but 18 months waiting!!. Have had an eGolf for the past 3 years which was great but looking forward to much better range and SUV driving experience. Also have a Qashqai which I have loved apart from the engine - 1.6 DiGT but very dull, I know the Ariya will be very different! Looking forward to my Ariya experience!

Cheers!

Iggy007

Post by Iggy007 »

Still waiting unfortunately, forecasted for Early June to dealer but since it does not even have a build slot I suspect this will be pushed again, originally was meant to be March. I hear that the factory in Japan has issues so slow production on top of the semiconductor shortage. Seriously considering cancelling and taking a stock Merc EQA 250+ instead :(
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Iggy007 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:46 pm Still waiting unfortunately, forecasted for Early June to dealer but since it does not even have a build slot I suspect this will be pushed again, originally was meant to be March. I hear that the factory in Japan has issues so slow production on top of the semiconductor shortage. Seriously considering cancelling and taking a stock Merc EQA 250+ instead :(
If it helps for taking into account how much of a delay it can be for you:

In my case I ordered my 87kWh Evolve in June 2022, dealer told me November 2022, in September 2022 they told me it was pushed to January 2023, in December 2023 they told me it was pushed to late February 2023, in mid February they told me it will be pushed 1 or 2 weeks more. It arrived early March 2023.

So 9 months since ordering.

Yours will probably arrive sometime after the second half of this year, after June.

Yeah, the Tochigi factory in Japan is having some bottleneck issues with Ariya production, and since that production line is for delivering Ariya to all world markets there's some serious waiting list, not as bad as Hyundai/Kia EV's but significant.

Although if I can travel to the past I will definitely wait again those 9 months to get an Ariya again, I'm very happy with it.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

Well, we ordered our Advance with Bose and Sky Pack back in November '22 and was told mid April '23. it arrived a week early at the beginning of April. No changes at all to the delivery in that time. So 6mnths all n all. Im guessin the Evolve with its extras takes a wee bit more time to put together.
Iggy007

Post by Iggy007 »

Interesting, many thanks for the inputs. It got pushed again so I have cancelled & I am getting a stock Mercedes instead - shame but I need to get something now unfortunately.