Faulty wireless charger

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Spooran

Post by Spooran »

I wanted to put this out there to see if anyone else with an Ariya is facing this issue.

The wireless charger in the Ariya keeps connecting and disconnecting. The icon will flash amber which means it’s faulty. Haven’t been able to keep a constant charge of a phone. When charging, it will last less than a minute before disconnecting and connecting again after a few mins

Anyone have that issue?

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Will let you know when i get mine on thursday.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

No problem so far !!
Jacippit

Post by Jacippit »

Know you have probably considered this but do you have a case on your phone? Sometimes if the case is too thick or the wrong materials I've seen this on other wireless chargers. Also does the phone wirelessly charge ok elsewhere?
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I don't have my Ariya yet but when I test drove it my Galaxy S20 charged fine.
Spooran

Post by Spooran »

Jacippit wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:28 am Know you have probably considered this but do you have a case on your phone? Sometimes if the case is too thick or the wrong materials I've seen this on other wireless chargers. Also does the phone wirelessly charge ok elsewhere?
Yeah tried with and without case. Also tried other phones and the same issue. Phone charges ok with normal wireless chargers.

Interested to know if other peoples ariya charges the phone for a long period of time (10+ mins). Mine is far less than that.
Spooran

Post by Spooran »

NISSANFAN wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 pm No problem so far !!
That’s great. What phone do you have and does it charge nonstop when you put it in?
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Mines is IPhone 8 …..wife’s iPhone 12 . Both with covers on and both been charging fine 👍
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Just got my evolve front wheel drive. The phone charger works fine. Still getting used to things, but enjoying the car.
johnskinner

Post by johnskinner »

I have just collected two Evolves (for my business).

We have the same issue in both cars. They start charging, and then after about 30 secs to a 1 min later, the orange charging light flashes, and they stop charging.

The manual suggests this is what would happen if the phone was overheating, which it definitely isn't. We have tried with and without cases too.

I have contacted the dealer who is arranging a time to have a look.