Already posted several times

New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Hello all. I have had a ceramic grey Advance 63 on order since March. Currently I have MX-30 EV. I have spent my life in engineering design and operations and I just love the curiosity of novel technology so you will see me respond to some of the more technical threads. With cars already delivered to customers, I am wondering where the first pictures and real-world impressions are.

ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Certainly can't give technical responses, probably unlikely after I've taken delivery too. I can give you an early impression as I have driven an Advance. I was allowed to play with it for a couple of hours by the dealership. Never driven an EV of any kind before, apart from a golf cart in a holiday resort. Was immediately impressed by the quiet, smooth, even serene sense of movement the vehicle conveys. The handling and response, to this complete amateur, again was extremely impressive. Cabin appearance and comfort suggested a premium vehicle and well thought out. The ergonomics of the design are clearly well thought through and executed. Of all the "dashboards" I've seen on competitor vehicle this at least matches or exceeds all of them. I really don't like the look of the Tablet like after thought that cars like Tesla give you. I can't see that being pursued for long, too ugly for words. The wave form of the 2 screens is aesthetically much more appealing and easy to interact with. Compared to my Qashqai, the speed of response and quality of graphics is a whole lot better. They still aren't as sharp as I've seen in premium ICE vehicles so something I expect will be addressed in the next iterations. The move to Tom Tom away from the appallingly bad navigation app in my Q is a big relief.

Reviews I've seen by people who purport to know what they are talking about are largely favourable and with Autocar making it the car of the year it seems to me we've made a good decision ordering one. If for some reason you don't like it I suspect you might be able to sell it for more than you paid for it.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I've seen a lot of positive feedback from everywhere, seems Nissan has done the homework.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

I've done over 7000 miles in the MX-30 and that is without doing a single journey in excess of 130 miles. I am completely swung over to EV for at least one car if the family is lucky enough to have two. Continental journeys with present infrastructure are not there yet so it will be a while before the other petrol vehicle goes. That said, a genuine 250 mile range is all that is really needed for safe drivers (those who don't drive till they drop). With my MX, I know exactly how to drive at 2.8 m/kwHr, how to drive at 4.4 and also how to stretch it to 5. Once one knows that, there is no range anxiety. But the smoothness and quietness of an EV is superb and the Ariya must be better with its, little mentioned, acoustic glass.