On the verge of cancelling my order

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Oakley1

Post by Oakley1 »

It sad news that I am on the verge of cancelling my order for a Ariya Evolve e4orce. When I first placed my order I was told June July Delivery but over time it’s moved from August, Mid September and Mid October. Last week the dealer told me that all dates for all Ariya’s have now been changed to Autumn delivery with no dates for two wheel drive and AWD. So if I can get my Deposit back I will cancel. Shame as I did like the car but I don’t think we will see any deliveries this year because of components shortest I would think.
On order Evolve e4orce

Oakley1

Post by Oakley1 »

Car cancelled deposit refunded.
On order Evolve e4orce
ChriZ

Post by ChriZ »

My sympathies and am considering the same. I don't suppose Nissan want to lose orders but the elastic nature of delivery promises is about to snap.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

I wonder which new car you will order and cancel next. Your experience is absolutely normal for all new car purchases regardless of car type or manufacturer. Amongst friends, I have heard exactly the same story of extended delivery for BMW 1 Series petrol, Mini EV, VW iD3, JLR Evoque petrol and several more. Until the industry manages its way around the chip shortage, delayed manufacture and delivery is here to stay. The next phenomenon to appear is the deletion of specified items. After carefully choosing specification, you get contacted to say that this, this and this is deleted from the specification for a given cash adjustment. Do you still wish to proceed with the order?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

I agree with the above unfortunately, it is the same everywhere and I fear cancelling an order with this means you're right at the back of the queue for everything else too.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I'm holding my order, in fact, last Friday they confirmed that my 87kWh Evolve 2WD just shipped from the factory in Japan.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

That's good that your dealer gives you real information. A dozen years ago, my wife bought a Qashqai and our dealer told us the time and the date of build; we knew exactly when we would get the car. That information is available but most dealers seem to choose not to tell us. I saw my dealer last week and said to him that many vehicles must now be in transit from Japan if they are to meet the summer delivery offerings. His face glazed over and he reiterated that they should get showroom cars at the end of July!
ElectricDan

Post by ElectricDan »

This is what I am worried about myself. I have been deciding on a car to buy and really, the Ariya is at the top of my list right now. I would just hate to order it and have to wait months and months to get it at this point. I don't need it right this moment as I still have my other car but I am paying road taxes and having to still buy overpriced petrol. I just want to switch to electric as soon as.
Mitchell

Post by Mitchell »

Has anyone waited longer than 10months? I ordered my car Dec 2021 and still no delivery date. Am I the longest waiter?
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Mitchell wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:55 pm Has anyone waited longer than 10months? I ordered my car Dec 2021 and still no delivery date. Am I the longest waiter?
Probably, I ordered in end May 2022, and I'm receiving it next month.