Poor delivery updates?

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson »

I found out that if you order via Tuskers the vehicle will be delivered to Grantham dealership. If you phone up and ask for fleet sales then give them your Tusker order number they can tell you what is the status and estimated delivery date. Seems the steps are..
Order Confirmation 2 Wks
Waiting for Build slot 10 Wks
Build 1 wk
Transport at Port (Japan) 1 wk
Waiting for vehicle identification number (VIN) 4 Wks
Shipping 6 weeks
UK pre-vehicle delivery checks 3 weeks
Transport to customer 1 wk

About 28 Wks so 7 months.

That is my experience so far I ordered last October and Nissan Grantham seem confident it will be delivered in May.

Of course if you order from Tuskers Uk stock then wait time will be much lower but they didn’t have my desired model at the time (I chose e4orce 87 kWh Evolve)

Columbo

Post by Columbo »

I've ordered the 87kwh Engage comfort with design pack in standard green.. Ordered 27th Feb 24.
GreySquirrel

Post by GreySquirrel »

I ordered my 87kwh Advance on grey on 14th Feb, I'm taking delivery next week after being given the original estimate of mid July.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

GreySquirrel wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:42 pm I ordered my 87kwh Advance on grey on 14th Feb, I'm taking delivery next week after being given the original estimate of mid July.
Awesome!
AJSki2fly

Post by AJSki2fly »

No problem for us, we went into the dealers, Sunday 10 March, looked at full spec Evolve 87kwh in showroom in Blue with Sky Pack etc, Sue like the colour and Sky pack. Did a test drive, we did not want 4wd or like the price of the Evolve, Offered standard green Advance 87Kwh with Sky pack, with Nissan contribution and some dealer discount, at dock pre-ordered by them.

Sue was adamant she wanted one in the Blue, so I called next day and said we would only take a Blue Advance 87Kwh with Sky pack, or they could sell the showroom one to us for the same price, or we would find one elsewhere. The sales chap who was very helpful, and has been very good throughout the process went off to his manager, to see what they could do, he also said he would do a Nissan UK wide search. He came back to us 30 minutes later, they had found exactly what we wanted in the UK, either at the delivery port or at another dealer and it was a canceled order, they knew they dealer and their sales manager had agreed to release it to them.

We agreed to purchase and take delivery tomorrow afternoon, 16 days later. So my view is there are Ariyas in various specs to be had that are already here and are unassigned or are pre-ordered by Nissan/Dealer network. I think it's just a matter of standing your ground to get what you want.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Of course you can always try to get what you want, I ordered my Ariya specifically tailored with what I wanted and it was manufactured as ordered, it was a pre-launch order so I had no other option like finding an already built unit.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Cars from the Far East have very limited options compared to locally built models. For the Ariya, after model and colour, throw in 22kW charging and a sun roof, keep a few 20" wheels in stock and that's about it. After 2 years of sales, Nissan have a good statistical read on sales by variant so most will just be shipped proactively. That's why you can find what you are looking for with a few minutes on line. Between dealer pre-registered and new stock, there are loads of new cars available to buy without waiting 6 months as demonstrated by AjSki2fly and others. You will get more discount too, particularly for the pre-registered ones.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Milkfloat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 am Cars from the Far East have very limited options compared to locally built models. For the Ariya, after model and colour, throw in 22kW charging and a sun roof, keep a few 20" wheels in stock and that's about it. After 2 years of sales, Nissan have a good statistical read on sales by variant so most will just be shipped proactively. That's why you can find what you are looking for with a few minutes on line. Between dealer pre-registered and new stock, there are loads of new cars available to buy without waiting 6 months as demonstrated by AjSki2fly and others. You will get more discount too, particularly for the pre-registered ones.
You forgot the Sport Pack that has blue leather seats, or the white interior, or the Performance variant, or the Engage trim that is below the Advance one, there's too many variables if you want a specific Ariya. For example, I wanted a Ceramic Grey Evolve 87kW with the 7kW charger because for that specific one at launch Nissan had a limited time promotion on which they discounted me 2800€ on that one, aside from 7000€ from the government that applied to that specific one, if I changed colour, or added 22kW charger, or e-4orce or any other thing both of those discounts didn't apply, and I live on Canary Islands and inventory is very limited, only 4 Ariya's per year on my island, I had to order a specific one, specially during the launch period.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Engage is one of the models. There are a couple of bits and bobs that I didn't mention but the logic absolutely applies. The UK market is many times that of the Canary Islands so manufacturers can be more speculative. There may be a little more problem with the very rare additions but the mainstream choices are abundant in UK now and with good discounts. I waited 10 months for mine but that was then.
Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson »

Got a delivery date now 1st May!