Nissan Subscription

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
jejones

Post by jejones »

Morning,

Not sure if everyone is aware of this but Nissan now offer a subscription service on certain cars. This is enabled though a company called BipiCar who are part of Mobilize Financial Services. The models on offer are the Ariya evolve 87kw, Qushqai e-POWER N-Connecta, and Leaf 39kWh Tekna. It's an all inclusive contract including maintenance, tyres and insurance.
I know this model isn't for everyone, however in my circumstances it actually makes sense and I thought I'd put my journey on here and update if anyone else if looking at this option. There's not much info out there at the moment!

Upon looking at the website, there is no timescales on when you get your car, I placed my order, Passed credit checks, Driving licence checks and paid deposit (1 months rental payment) on the 31st Aug. Once this was done it gave an estimated delivery date. This stated the 12th Oct.

Today, I had a call from Bipi stating that there has been a delay from the provider, and that the date has now been pushed back to the 9th Nov.
The provider as far as i'm aware reading other reviews of Bipi is AutoXP in Banbury. I believe they offer all the test/press/demo cars on behalf of Nissan.

Thought the 12th was optimistic for delivery hence didn't get my hopes up, and actually works out as our charger wont be installed till the 20th Oct.

I'll keep this up to date as I can with the journey.

Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Had a look, but didn't see the Ariya listed. However the prices seem very very reasonable considering you can do short term 6 or 12 months etc..
Certainly if anyone is looking for a low ish cost car without crazy deposits or long term commitments then its interesting..
jejones

Post by jejones »

To see the Nissan options, its a different URL - https://www.nissan.co.uk/vehicles/subscription.html
jejones

Post by jejones »

I've signed for 24 Months. The price is high on the face of it, but once I looked at the ever rising insurance costs, Maintenance inc service and tyres, and breakdown, it suddenly was no more expensive than leasing from dealer.
jejones

Post by jejones »

Just seen that Bipi are directly advertising the Ariya, well over the price Nissan are offering. They are now offering 3 year deals that don't include insurance!
Nissan have recently added the Juke to their offering.

Considering both the Nissan and bipi offering are managed by Bipi/Mobilize financial group, its crazy how different the pricing is just based of two different websites.
jejones

Post by jejones »

Just had my update that the car is now delayed till the 23rd November!

However its apparently sitting in the car park awaiting registration and final checks, We shall wait and see how true this is!
jejones

Post by jejones »

Just had my delivery date, next Tuesday (21st).
londonroadhog

Post by londonroadhog »

@jejones Have you now received your Ariya? I am interested in this as well. However, I am curious whether the insurance that is taken out is in your name, so you keep your NCD (No Claims Discount), or whether it is in the Loan company's name.

Also, is the mileage really done on a monthly basis, or averaged out. I thought that 800 miles a month would be good for me, until I thought about a two week holiday in Cornwall, where the mileage there and back would be around 700 miles, which only leaves 100 miles for the rest of the two week trip. The alternative would be to try to split the holiday over two months. However, if it is averaged out over say 3 or 6 months, then I'd be well under the mileage.
jejones

Post by jejones »

Hi,

Sorry, not been here for a while.

Yea I got mine from Bipi, insurance is provided by Nissan and not in your name. I think when you get your own insurance again you can do named driver experience as you would with a company car.

I don’t know for sure. I know the cars have a tracker, and so far I have gone over the mileage every month (need to up my limit)
Bipi will let you change your mileage as you need so your not stuck to 800 if that’s what you take at the start.