New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
Yorkie1956

Post by Yorkie1956 »

Our second week of owning our first EV and picked the Evolve 63kwh, so far so good and nothing major to report, not sure if I understand the Nissan Connect app yet , I’ve hopefully downloaded a picture of the features I have in the app, should there also be a live map or is that the one showing at bottom and if so should it show anything as I drive around.
Thanks in advance

IMG_8184.png

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Welcomr
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Welcome and best of luck with the car. The App borders on OK as it has no functionality for historical trip data. It gives you number of trips but the kWh figure is certainly not what you bought and pay for. I suspect most people use it primarily for the SOC, either when charging or to make sure that there is enough energy for intended trips. The map is not really intended for use on the go though you can set journeys through it. I just never do so as it is easy to programme using the touch screen with Google search being very useful.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

You will know how much you value the App when you are asked to pay for functionality on 5th Feb 2025. I am irritated that I can no longer see the SOC but I chose not to pay.
Yorkie1956

Post by Yorkie1956 »

Thanks Milkfloat, funny how the salesman never mentioned about the App, probably on instructions from Nissan
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

I deed, I never dreamt that the App was for 1 year only. From personal experience from several manufacturers, I assumed 3 years. Wrong!
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

It's a disgrace, and is the sort of thing that diverts a car buyers attention to other alternatives. They are so short sighted. Can't see Nissan surviving the legacy automaker blood bath that's coming, they don't see this as another nail, they will find out. Breath taking stupidity.