‘B’ Driving Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Graham

Post by Graham »

Just done an overnight charge and noticed that:
The set driving positions for the seats etc using the same key I use has changed.
The ‘B’ driving mode has hardly any braking regen effect.
The lane assist has kicked in and I cannot cancel it in the settings.

Has anyone else had different settings to the car happen without making changes yoursel?

The set driving position is easily reset, anyone any ideas how to correct the ‘B’ driving mode or the lane assist.

Did try the e-pedal mode and it is working, but I hate it as the brake lights come on and following drivers say what the hell is that clown in front braking for when you lift off slightly!😀

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

B mode should always work, it does have a great regen braking effect, in fact I drive always in that mode.
Lane assist I suppose you mean the lane keeping assist, can be enabled or disabled with the steering wheel physical button below the steering column.
No problems with my seats, always maintains my settings.
Graham

Post by Graham »

I can answer my own question about the’B’ driving mode.
I inadvertently charged the car to 100% instead of my usual 80%.
I have since discovered that the regenerative force decreases with the higher % battery, the converse being that it increases as the % level drops. So as I have dropped to 70% the regenerative force has returned to what I was used to😀👍.
As for the lane assist warnings they have disappeared. When I approached car in front and the car thought I was getting too close and issued the warning of brake. Have not been troubled with them since👍
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Graham wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:58 am I can answer my own question about the’B’ driving mode.
I inadvertently charged the car to 100% instead of my usual 80%.
I have since discovered that the regenerative force decreases with the higher % battery, the converse being that it increases as the % level drops. So as I have dropped to 70% the regenerative force has returned to what I was used to😀👍.
As for the lane assist warnings they have disappeared. When I approached car in front and the car thought I was getting too close and issued the warning of brake. Have not been troubled with them since👍
Of course, I thought you already knew this.
You have to be at 90% SoC or lower to have maximum regenerative braking available, and moderate regen is available at 96% and below.