Eco Mode & Coasting

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

Last week I thought I would try out the Eco mode & also discovered the Eco pedal display that appears in this mode.

I was really pleased as it seemed to be a completely different type of driving. It felt like when I took my foot off the accelerator the car just kept on freewheeling as though I was in neutral in a conventional ICE car with a gearbox.

I have just tried it again but now it doesn't seem to feel the same as when I take my foot off the throttle the regen kicks in and it doesn't seem to have as much freewheeling as I imagined it had last time.

I am now wondering if I am just imagining the effect I got. I have tried turning E-pedal off but to be honest I can't remember even doing that last time. The other mystery is that I thought I remembered the new Eco-pedal graphic showed the actual real time power usage in figures at the bottom of the bar graph in addition to the average figure shown at the top.

Maybe the whole thing was a figment of my imagination ....

or else there is a setting I need to engage to turn off all regen so I can just coast along using the car's momentum.

Any comments please ?

Graham

Post by Graham »

I think that originally you were in the D drive (less regen) mode and now the B ( more regen, though not as much as the e-pedal) mode. B mode is my preference.
I find Eco mode not very pleasant with regards to response and the steering feel. Standard mode for me.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

Yes as above, you were possibly in Eco B rather than D mode.

I find coasting in Eco quite fun. Id definitely say its got a heck of a lot more freewheeling in this mode than any ICE car ive experienced when in neutral. It seems to go and on. Ive noted it pickup speed at times so easily too.

However 99.9% of the time ours sits in standard mode.

When we first got ours we were dallying around trying drive as economically as poss aiming for max miles per kWh but thats long gone. Standard mode all the way.
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

Apologies for not replying earlier but one reason was after writing the above post I have not had any problem getting into freewheeling with no regen, The comment I made about imagining a consumption figure in the new Eco-pedal graphic must have been just wrong and I imagined a figure which I have not seen since.

As I mentioned on another thread I have not yet had the chance to do any longish journeys so can't comment on Eco mode but from a bit of experimentation I seem to get much better economy. Whether it is worth the extra hassle of having to concentrate more has to be seen.