Protective Coating

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

Not sure if I should post here or in o/t chat but anyway ....

Whenever my last car needed to look super clean & glossy I used to take it to a roadside carwash where a team of guys rush round with pressure washers and buckets full of various liquids - a sort of bish, bash, bosh experience and to be fair, after 10 minutes & £10 you drive out with a very shiny car with glossy black tyres.

However, given the number of cameras on my new Ariya and how you are advised to keep wax off them I am loathe to take it there.

So I am considering using one of these so called 'nano' type coatings which you spray on & wipe off and the claim is that you get a great looking finish that repels dirt meaning subsequent washing is quick & easy. The one I have seen on Amazon is NanotechSST, Speed Guard Premium Wax Spray and it gets good reviews.

Has anyone tried anything like this or have any comments they could share please ?

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I have ceramic coated my car, with no side effects on camera performance. If anything it helps keep it cleaner longer. I have all manner of cleaning products across many cars with no real issues. Be carefully with some acid based cleaners, but otherwise, as long as your careful around sensitive areas, you shouldn't be conserved to much. Follow instructions carefully though.

I can't use the cheap and cheerful car wash places anymore, make me cringe. That's because I am very detail orientated and try very hard to avoid scratches and swirls etc. Luckily I can machine polish these out. With I could detail cars for a living,
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

Thanks Karl :)

I'll give it a go.

Paul
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

No problems. Wish I read my poorly written message. Lol.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Mine is Supagarded but I also use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic products. They certainly seem to do the job. The car seems to slough off the worst excesses. Has exceptional beading when it rains.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I used a ceramic coating from wax is dead. 1 hour cure time. Lasting well so far. Not cheap but does seem to be effective. You should get about 18 months of decent protection. If you want longer, then you need the more professional versions that cure over 12 hours or do. I did mine out side on a fine October day with sunny intervals after clay bar and decontamination of the paint.