How do prices compare between electric and petrol?

The place to discuss everything else..
gonefishin

Post by gonefishin »

I have no idea how this is broken down but I would like to know how the prices compare.

I do a lot of driving and I am under the impression that switching to an electric SUV will save me money over my standard one. Does anyone know the typical price comparisons for the two?

ElectricDan

Post by ElectricDan »

As of last year, the average is about half the cost in an EV when compared to a petrol-powered vehicle. I would say the differences have changed since then with petrol costs going up a bit. Some places have expressed that electricity has gone up as well so it is hard to get a definite answer across the board right now.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

My calculations, comparing my Qashqai to the 87kW Evolve, based on a projected 9p kWh for electricity (midnight to 5am) and £1.77 per litre for petrol is a 67.1% advantage. A saving of over £2k p.a. travelling 12k miles.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

We also have solar so my calculations are a little more complicated but I am hoping to use our solar for charging on a morning which should top up enough for what I use on a weekly basis. Then using grid power likely during the winter months.