Recall on propilot and Aircon setting off alarm

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

Anyone else received a recall notice about propilot fault and Aircon intrusion sensor fault.my ariya Aircon fault has been there since day one .don't use the propilot very much but 2 weeks ago travelling on the M27 the car deaccelarated even tho no cars nearby had to turn off the propilot.didnt think too much about as this car has so many software glitches.this is apparently the fault the steering wheel thinks you're driving with your hands off the wheel.

NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Yip …..got the call a couple of days ago . Booked in dealer on 23rd April .
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Do you know if all Ariya's are affected by this? No issue with either of those since I have the car.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Does your alarm go off when you preheat the cabin remotely???? I presume not living in the sunny canary’s ☀️ . I was told there were two software installs available one for alarm triggering ! And one for steering wheel sensitivity !
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I have never had the need to use the preheat function remotely, however I have used the precold function remotely a lot, don't know if it will trigger the issue if present on my unit anyway or not.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

My car has not been affected by either of the issues either Cosmyc so I will hang back for a couple of weeks to allow those with the problem to get in as quickly as possible
AJSki2fly

Post by AJSki2fly »

Checked yesterday with Exeter Nissan as we took delivery of our Ariya Advance 87kWh on 28 March 2024, the Sales chap checked with the service team and apparently it is all up to date and the recall is for earlier built cars. Do not know when the build cut of date is for the recalls.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Booked for 24th. Only a year late.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

But, in classic Nissan style, if a steering wheel is needed, is there then a 3 month wait and another visit to the dealer?
scarey

Post by scarey »

mines in for the recall at the end of this month..

strangely during a hail storm the other day the alarm kept going off....

makes me think that the alarm is to sensitve?