Poor delivery updates?

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Sprower

Post by Sprower »

Hi,

My first post on the forum as we're shortly taking delivery of our Ariya (87kwh 2wd Evolve).

This is our first ever new car purchase from Nissan (thougn previously owned a 2nd hand Qashqai)....is it normal to have little or no accurate delivery information? Our previous new car purchases (Land Rover Discovery Sport, Skoda Kodiaq, Skoda Karoq) we've always had quite decent updates re build date, shipping dates and progress, planned handover date, etc.

Not impressed with the total lack of any detailed info from Nissan, and the dealer's very vague responses. Looking forward to taking delivery, but the process and lack of updates has been pretty underwhelming for our first new-Nissan experience.

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

It's normal as Nissan is very hermetic with this, it's not a dealer problem, they have access to very limited information, in my case when I placed my order in June 2022 I was given November 2022 as estimated. Then at the end of July received an email that my order has been assigned, meaning that is confirmed by the factory to be built when the waiting list allows it. Then I got notifications of several delays from the dealer when each estimated month was getting near, until March 2023 which is when I got my Ariya.

In very patient and understanding with these things so I wasn't bothered at all during the process but I can understand that not everybody is like me and that other brands do give more detailed information on delivery.
Sprower

Post by Sprower »

Thanks Cosmyc, appreciated. That sums up what we're experiencing. We're actually pretty relaxed about it...just surprised that Nissan don't try to keep you informed, build a bit of excitement, etc.
Ian Thompson

Post by Ian Thompson »

Same experience for me I have a salary sacrifice car on Order since Oct 2023 - recently heard it’s been built and at port in Japan should arrive April in UK for May 2024 but only because I kept phoning- nothing proactive from them. Looks like waiting time approx 7 months
asifzk

Post by asifzk »

I bought an ex-demo Ariya 2WD Evolve 87kwh for this reason. Entirely remote , the first time I saw it in person was when it was delivered to me in London from the North East.
Phil57

Post by Phil57 »

Received my Advance with sky pack within ten days.
TiagoP

Post by TiagoP »

Ian Thompson wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:07 am Same experience for me I have a salary sacrifice car on Order since Oct 2023 - recently heard it’s been built and at port in Japan should arrive April in UK for May 2024 but only because I kept phoning- nothing proactive from them. Looks like waiting time approx 7 months
Hi Ian, I’m in the same boat as you! I have ordered one Ariya 87kwh with Tusker also using the salary sacrifice and still waiting slot to build with delivery date for late May but I’m sure will be later than that 😅
Columbo

Post by Columbo »

I've just ordered mine through Tusker too, they say 23 weeks but I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.
Driver_1122

Post by Driver_1122 »

I have ordered via Tusker using there salary sacrifice scheme estimated delivery date is also late May. No build slot has been offered.
Does anyone know if there are any cars in the country?

I will start ringing around dealerships today but it seems that all orders are factory orders with a 5 month lead time.

If anyone finds a new car update this forum, we can then update Tusker. We can match buys to cars.
Driver_1122

Post by Driver_1122 »

I have contacted a number of Nissan dealerships. As far as I can tell there is plenty of cars in the UK. I am unsure of why there is such long lead times.

What specs/colours are people waiting for? I have built up a spreadsheet of car and there locations.