Nissan App Finally Dead

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I know about the HD maps for PP2 but the USA only has a limited amount of roads mapped - yet they still got PP2.
https://www.nissanusa.com/experience-ni ... g-map.html
So why didn't the UK get PP2 even if it was due to be mapped out in a few years as there are other features that make it smarter behind the scenes.
https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/INNOVA ... CHIVE/AD2/
Also why is the mapping taking so long - they spoke about this in 2019 to getting HD mapping done for the UK.
How long would it take just to map the few major roads there are in the UK.. not long at all.
Point is that PP2 is far more stable on the road, a much more intelligent system and its not just about changing lanes.
I have had better self driving in other cars that call the same thing - lane assist with adaptive cruise control.
At least none of them tried to steer me off the side of the road multiple times.
The tech is smarter in PP2 and the fact they could have installed it so that it could be used in the future. Its not like they reduced the price of the car because of installing it.
Or do they just expect you to buy your next car in 2 years when the PP2 suddenly comes out as you can't upgrade.
Its not like it literally just came out and its not like it fails to work if there isn't a HD mapped road - it still works perfectly. Just safer with more sensors and better AI.

Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

Just before Covid, according to the media, autonomous cars were being developed at a fantastic rate and we would see them on the streets by 2023. Well, just a fortnight away from 2024, there are no signs of said autonomous cars, the media doesn't mention them from one month to the next and government's and research institutions have quietly withdrawn funding. H D maps, of course, were driven by the dash for autonomy, so it's no surprise that HD mapping has slowed down or barely started in some countries. Its really no surprise that Nissan didn't spend money in countries where PP2 was not seen as a market imperative. They preferred more margin.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

All be it, 7 months back now and 10k miles ago, we collected our Ariya and not a word was said about the app costing us anything. My own car has a really decent app and doesnt cost me a penny either. Im 2 years on with that ownership.

Bit fed up of all these micro charges that big businesses are coming up with these days.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Do all the other electric car manufacturers charge you to see the cars battery percentage ?