Energy consumption and economy

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

ashleycarr wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:34 am My local driving is Norfolk and the lack of "massive" hills and the warmer weather is returning similar numbers, if not better. Off to tour Spain & Portugal next week so I will probably find out what too hot does to the range.
Plan very carefully for Spain. Away from the coast, you can go scores of miles between rapid charge points.

ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

I'm using Chargemap over there and so far it's looking pretty good. When was your last experience there?
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

karltk1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:45 am
ashleycarr wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 pm My GOM is suggesting a range over 350 today. :shock: Apologies for the really poor image.

Do you not use e-pedal ? Noticed it of on your screen.
I did the day before so that probably reflects that in the GOM. My Spain/Portugal tour has had me thinking more about range than usual so practising with it made some sense.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Graham wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:55 pm
ashleycarr wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:34 am My local driving is Norfolk and the lack of "massive" hills and the warmer weather is returning similar numbers, if not better. Off to tour Spain & Portugal next week so I will probably find out what too hot does to the range.
Am sure the forum, and certainly myself, will be interested to read how you get on with long distance touring.
If you get the chance maybe regale us with the continental charging infrastructure😀
Don't worry Graham I will be noting as much of it as I can. Bore you with it later, 16th June on I'm back. However, there is the small matter of The Ashes before the write up. ;)
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

ashleycarr wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:41 pm I'm using Chargemap over there and so far it's looking pretty good. When was your last experience there?
I haven't had the guts to take the EV to Southern Spain but we took my wife's petrol engined car last year, returning home mid November. I paid particular attention to the viability of using non-Tesla EV. What did I observe? Filter out all single point chargers and an awful lot of charge points disappear. (On the single chargers, I noticed a lot of low level thought process. The driver connects up and disappears, perhaps for lunch and a rest. There doesnt seem to be the EV driver logic of charge to 80% y vamos.) The charge point density is very low in some regions. You can run 200 miles from Zaragoza to Valencia without a single multi-point charger. Similarly, run 350 miles from Pau to Madrid and there are depressingly few chargers. Iberdrola control a lot of chargers so have their App on board. Whatever trip you intend to take, I'm not saying that it's not possible but you really do need to plan carefully. I will be very interested to hear your experience to, perhaps give me courage.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Just thought id ad a little information into the conversation…..like milkfloat not taken the Aryia to my house in Spain 🇪🇸 but did a motorhome trip across the Chunnel through France , into Spain then on to Portugal south to north ( I had an old leaf in Portugal tailgate me for less drag for about 80 miles , could barely see him in my mirrors 🤪)then home on the ferry from Bilbao. I was paying particular attention to charging points on this journey . The French / Spanish / Portuguese motorway network seemed well catered for . Can’t really speak for charging off the motorway network except for my local area . Los alcatherez in the murcia region . At several petrol stations on the AP7 motorway there are 10 150 kw stations controlled by iberdrola ( Spanish electric supplier) and locally like back home most Aldi and Lidl supermarkets have chargers . Worth a shot if your stuck .
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

I have detailed the journey I took elsewhere. Local Apps are at times vital. Check with the aggregator apps what they cover. Aldi & Lidl are a good shout and of course the Tesla app. Just make sure you have a card associated with the app and if you have time a physical RFID card for the bigger apps, comms are not always that good.