Energy consumption and economy

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
jeffgolding

Post by jeffgolding »

Hi,
My vehicle is the evolve 87kwh battery, my first full EV, just thought I would let you know how I am getting on with it.
I have just travelled from Canvey island in Essex to Horning in Norfolk. I observe the speed restrictions most of the time (two speeding awareness courses to date) and I travel between
60-65 mph on open roads. I have been using eco mode with the regen braking ON .
I arrived in Horning having covered 113 miles I started off with 99% battery and arrived with 66%.
So I calculated from 100% to 0% my range TRUE RANGE is 339 miles.
On my return journey I am going to use Standard mode and brake on and compare the results.
WELL I THINK THAT IS BLOODY BRILLIANT AND I LOVE ITπŸ’•πŸ’–β€οΈ

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Good info. Mines hovering around 305, but more often 285 for most journeys on motorway. This is standard mode with e pedal only. Don't like the dullness of eco.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

My local driving is Norfolk and the lack of "massive" hills and the warmer weather is returning similar numbers, if not better. Off to tour Spain & Portugal next week so I will probably find out what too hot does to the range.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

@karltk1 - I pretty much get the same range and I just drive in sports mode without much care for spinning out the watts but I do drive at the legal speed limits and don't floor it on every take off.
So not too sure how much these modes actually help besides a tiny bit - They do dull down the acceleration and making you drive slower I guess - I wonder if you just drive at the same speed in eco vs sport if it will just literally give you the same battery life.
I also did try B vs D and I actually seem to get a few extra miles out of D which is the opposite of what I expected but then I realised it lets you coast along for a bit and maybe that out weighs the regen of B.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

My GOM is suggesting a range over 350 today. :shock: Apologies for the really poor image.

IMG_20230524_090348.jpg

IMG_20230524_090348.jpg

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

My Ariya has shown a GOM of more than 400 miles more than twice with a full battery when descending a mountain with a full battery.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I am struggling to come to terms with those dust particulates.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

I'm going to have some rather severe words with the cleaner. :D

@Cosmyc. Showing almost 1/2 battery going up hill. :lol:
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

ashleycarr wrote: ↑Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 pm My GOM is suggesting a range over 350 today. :shock: Apologies for the really poor image.

Do you not use e-pedal ? Noticed it of on your screen.
Graham

Post by Graham »

ashleycarr wrote: ↑Wed May 24, 2023 5:34 am My local driving is Norfolk and the lack of "massive" hills and the warmer weather is returning similar numbers, if not better. Off to tour Spain & Portugal next week so I will probably find out what too hot does to the range.
Am sure the forum, and certainly myself, will be interested to read how you get on with long distance touring.
If you get the chance maybe regale us with the continental charging infrastructureπŸ˜€