Wheel trims removal

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Graham

Post by Graham »

Discovered today that to clean the alloy wheels hiding behind the aerodynamic plastic wheel trims you have to take the wheel off to release the clip holding the trims on. Unbelievable, in my opinion! ๐Ÿ™

karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Glad you mentioned it, was wondering how not to break them, trying to get them off. Cheers
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Thanks for sharing!
Beep

Post by Beep »

Crazy! I've been wondering for weeks. Thanks for the heads up!
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

Gonna ask my dealer when itโ€™s in for a service ( presumably wheels ๐Ÿ›ž OFF ) what state the alloys are in !!!!! And about future warranty on corrosion if I canโ€™t clean them properly.
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

To add to the craziness, the trim is actually in 5 pieces, each secured by 2 lugs. A metal lever behind each side of the trim, level with the holes, and a good pull would probably bring each piece off. I won't be trying it though!
Milkfloat

Post by Milkfloat »

The wheels certainly do not come off at service but if you intend to keep the car 3 years or more, I advise taking each wheel off, cleaning the mating surfaces and applying a very light coating of oil on the wheel face. That way, you will guarantee getting the wheel off in case of emergency. The wheels appear to be very nicely painted so I don't anticipate any corrosion issues.
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

First service today 8,500 air filter and screen wash top up ๐Ÿ˜ณ . All wheels off to do brake checks โ€ฆ.all tyres ๐Ÿ›ž still over 6mm ๐Ÿ‘ . Hopefully another year of hassle free motoring
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

8,500 miles? Is it because the year is up rather than mileage based service interval?
NISSANFAN

Post by NISSANFAN »

12 months ownership