Best Bose sound settings?

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I'm trying the last couple of days to equalize and improve the Bose sound system in my Ariya, from my point of view the bass is a bit toned down and specially the treable is very muddy, aside from that the sound balance is a bit biased to the front (giving less punch to the speakers in the second row and the boot subwoffer).

I still haven't decided yet on my final settings but after some hours of trial and error I have:
Bass +5
Treable +8
Front/Rear balance -1 (to rear)

Compared to stock is a great improvement but I'm still not full settled with the settings yet.

Has anyone tried to adjust it like me? Can someone with some sound knowledge give me advice if those settings are going the right direction or not?

Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I did a similar setting but tiny bit less treble. However as per my other post... the front/rear balance is impossible to balance as its either too far forward or too far back.
Overall the sound system is mediocre for what it is suppose to be.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

This isnt any kind of Bose system and in no means worthy of its own 'Pack'.

Its got no depth and no clarity and just sounds a bit disconected. Fine for talk radio and podcasts but there not much enjoyment for the ears.

I cant believe Bose would stick their moniker on this or why Nissan would implement this in such a poor way apart from it being a blatant con to get more of our hard earned.

There are just one or 2 little things like this that detract from the car as a whole, which is a bit of a shame because its quite a lovely motor overall.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

@Sunstone - exactly!
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

It is a pity you cannot select which items you want with the Tech Pack or more to the point which you don't want. I thought the video rear view mirror might be useful as we sometimes used to load our last car up to the roof when going on holiday. I have aged related stiffening of the lens in my eyes so have excellent long sight but need reading glasses for err reading. As a result, when I am driving I can see the road ahead perfectly but when I then look up at the video mirror my eyes go into a sort unpleasant refocusing mode.

As for the sounds system although I love music all I really use it for is Audiobooks and R4/Times Radio current affairs so the Bose system did not appeal.

What has turned out to be the unexpected star of the show is the Heads Up display which I absolutely love and use all the time hardly ever glancing at where the traditional speedo/rev counter is.

It is a pity I could not have just ordered the HUD although to be fair, at the time it was the video mirror that swung the decision and I thought the HUD might turn out to be a bit of a gimmick.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I love bose sound and have a sound bar and base unit with some decent headphones to boot. The ariya version is not even close the a good bose set up.

Harman and karden in my last x3 bmw was better by far.
Sunstone

Post by Sunstone »

I cant believe Nissan have been allowed to stick the bose moniker on such a poor setup.

Bose just letting anything go it seems. It mustve been a nice golden hand$hake.
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

karltk1 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:29 pm I love bose sound and have a sound bar and base unit with some decent headphones to boot. The ariya version is not even close the a good bose set up.

Harman and karden in my last x3 bmw was better by far.
My experience too..
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

I've been enjoying the Bose system more and more lately, still fine tuning it because it comes from the factory very muted.