All Nissan Ariya related discussions
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
It sad news that I am on the verge of cancelling my order for a Ariya Evolve e4orce. When I first placed my order I was told June July Delivery but over time it’s moved from August, Mid September and Mid October. Last week the dealer told me that all dates for all Ariya’s have now been changed to Autumn delivery with no dates for two wheel drive and AWD. So if I can get my Deposit back I will cancel. Shame as I did like the car but I don’t think we will see any deliveries this year because of components shortest I would think.
On order Evolve e4orce
I wonder which new car you will order and cancel next. Your experience is absolutely normal for all new car purchases regardless of car type or manufacturer. Amongst friends, I have heard exactly the same story of extended delivery for BMW 1 Series petrol, Mini EV, VW iD3, JLR Evoque petrol and several more. Until the industry manages its way around the chip shortage, delayed manufacture and delivery is here to stay. The next phenomenon to appear is the deletion of specified items. After carefully choosing specification, you get contacted to say that this, this and this is deleted from the specification for a given cash adjustment. Do you still wish to proceed with the order?
That's good that your dealer gives you real information. A dozen years ago, my wife bought a Qashqai and our dealer told us the time and the date of build; we knew exactly when we would get the car. That information is available but most dealers seem to choose not to tell us. I saw my dealer last week and said to him that many vehicles must now be in transit from Japan if they are to meet the summer delivery offerings. His face glazed over and he reiterated that they should get showroom cars at the end of July!
This is what I am worried about myself. I have been deciding on a car to buy and really, the Ariya is at the top of my list right now. I would just hate to order it and have to wait months and months to get it at this point. I don't need it right this moment as I still have my other car but I am paying road taxes and having to still buy overpriced petrol. I just want to switch to electric as soon as.