Nissan Ariya Could Be Joined By Larger Electric SUV

All Nissan Ariya related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

According to a new report from Autocar, the Japanese manufacturer could introduce a larger electric sport utility vehicle to slot above the Ariya in the near future. Going forward, the company could add a whole family of EVs to its portfolio, all based on the same modular platform.

2021-nissan-ariya.jpg

Personally I think this is very likely, in the future I can see the Ariya replacing the Qashqai, the next larger SUV replacing the X-Trail and of course that means a smaller electric SUV to replace the Juke will be around 5 years away...

“The platform will be used for other cars in the future,” Nissan Europe’s EV division boss, Helen Perry, told the publication. “The C-SUV and D-SUV segments are due to grow about 300 percent over the next three years, so we will look to use the platform in growth segments in the next few years.”

“It all depends on the demand of the customer,” she added. “If we’d bought Ariya to market earlier, I’m not sure customers would have been ready for it. Technology wouldn’t have been as up to date as it will be at launch. And while the current situation has been terrible, it has made customers review what is important – for example, emissions.”

gonefishin

Post by gonefishin »

It seems like this is setting a golden standard for a lot of electric SUVs in the future. It is kind of what caught my eye with it. I think that they would be smart to run with this model and make it a standard.