Just joined

New to the Nissan Ariya Forums? Introduce yourself here
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Hi to everyone.

My situation is similar I suspect to most. I have ordered the car. Evolve 2 wheel drive and have been told it will arrive in the UK circa January, which I suspect is spelled March. :lol: What is probably NOT similar to most is it has been an expensive start as I've had to have a brand new electric cable installed to my cart shed. It would have been too expensive and disruptive to take it from the house. Involved having to have a trench dug and a feed taken from a wooden pole, we live in the country. The upside of having a separate meter is I can just go for the very lowest kWh price for overnight charging without the swingeing day rate effecting my house bills. Limited comfort admittedly but I have calculated the running costs of the car should amortise the expense over 3 years, depending on fluctuating variables like fossil fuel versus charging and of course mileage.

Looking forward to the site building traffic as we all start to drive the car at last.

Anyone expecting delivery this year?

ital

Post by ital »

I too have ordered ARIYA. The 4WD version. Ordered in January.
Was given initially a delivery of September to November.
This has now changed to to mid December this year.
Mind you, with the chip problems world wide, any new electric car you order from any manufacturer now will take between 6 to 12 months anyway.
So I’m just happy to play the waiting game because if I were to cancel I would be at the end of another long wait build or delivery date.
My only real worry is that part exchange prices are dropping.
My car was valued at 27k and now it’s dropped to 24k!!
Hopefully this forum picks up because it does sadly, seem to be rather dead at the moment.
We need a uk specific ARIYA forum as others like speakEV are more worldwide sites for the ARIYA.
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

There is a lot less to talk about if there aren't the cars to talk about :D . I am impressed by the confidence Nissan have in the Ariya, offering a £99 refundable deposit at any point up to delivery, makes ordering one a much more comfortable feeling. I'm fairly sure I will end up with it but will be looking at the Hyundai and Kia equivalents, as much to cement my bias but you never know. Could the current economic circumstances mean the manufacturers have to be more competitive because big ticket purchases plummet, or will high fossil fuel prices drive buyers into electric, handing them the opportunity to keep prices high?