Octopus Go ends - Intelligent Octopus starts but Ariya not supported

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

Octopus Go customers are now being moved to Intelligent Octopus this year but you will never guess what..
Nissan Ariya is NOT supported, Only Tesla, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ford, Audi, BMW, Mini, Porsche, Seat, Cupra, Skoda and Volkswagen.
So another win for Nissan there with their lack of equivalent smart features and API.
Yes there is a work around if you take out your existing charger and fit a Ohme charger but honestly why can't they just get with the program like other car manufacturers.
So frustrating ..

paulm

Post by paulm »

Hello Envolt, where have you seen this news? Have they emailed you directly as an existing customer? I use Octopus Go too and I agree it would be a major blow, significantly increasing the cost of using the car. I was surprised when I signed up six months ago and Nissan were no supported. I basically like my car, but issues like this are causing the frustration to build and making me think maybe I should have gone for the Audi Q4 instead, which is the other car I was considering.
paulm

Post by paulm »

Assuming this does happen, another interesting question will be whether the Nissan Ariya is "compatible" with the Ohme charger. With the EV System Malfunction Error that I have been getting with my car, I was originally told that it was because I was using a Rolec charger that Nissan had not tested the Car with, so perhaps there is an official Nissan list of chargers that it is supposedly compatible with.
Graham

Post by Graham »

I have switched to Intelligent Octopus this morning from the normal Octopus tariff.
I have an OHME Home Pro charger, so far it seems to have linked up ok, so will be interested to see how I get on getting the low night time tariff.
Will report in due course.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

I am on octopus flux.
nibbyoop

Post by nibbyoop »

Go Faster is what is coming to an end, which I think has 6 hours of cheap charging time? Standard Go is being changed to Flexible Go. I have "signed up for more Go" as I have a Zappi charger so can't use Intelligent Octopus yet.

Your current Octopus Go prices
Peak unit rate: 40.13p / kWh
Off-peak unit rate: 7.50p / kWh
Standing charge: 49.38p / day
Estimated annual cost (electricity only): £768.81

We've based your estimate on your historical half-hourly usage pattern - that's 520 kWh during Octopus Go peak times and 5,066 kWh during Octopus Go off-peak times.

Your new Octopus Go prices
Peak unit rate: 29.96p / kWh
Off-peak unit rate: 9.50p / kWh
Standing charge: 60.02p / day
Estimated annual cost (electricity only): £856.17
Envolt

Post by Envolt »

I got an email, so I called them - they said they are dropping the original Octopus Go by the end of the year in favour Intelligent Octopus but now that I see nobody else is hearing the same thing, I am wondering if it was a mistake.
And yes - Go Faster is history and they said there are too many variants of Go to maintain.

Your current Octopus Go prices
Peak unit rate: 40.75p / kWh
Off-peak unit rate: 7.50p / kWh
Standing charge: 41.39p / day

"If you've not chosen another tariff by the end of your fixed term, you'll roll onto Flexible Octopus."

Flexible Octopus prices
Peak unit rate: 38.72p / kWh
Off-peak unit rate: 16.39p / kWh
Standing charge: 45.66p / day

Ill try to call them back this week to figure out whats going on.
paulm

Post by paulm »

Thanks nibbyoop and Envolt, I have to use the ev.energy app with my charger and in it you choose the Tariff that you are on, and there are quite a few different Octopus Go ones, with slightly different names that started in different years/months, so it could well be that just one or a a small subset of these is going. I think my tariff has the long and not very catchy name "Octopus Go October 2022 v1". The rates currently are:

Peak: 30.24p / kWh
Off-peak: 9.5p / kWh
Standing charge: 49.77p /day

All inclusive of VAT.
Spooran

Post by Spooran »

I don't this this is true. The Octopus Intelligent FAQ page does list those manufacturers BUT when you click the Check Compatibility button and go through the options it's clear that it is compatible!

Congratulations!
Looks like you're eligible to sign up for Intelligent Octopus.

I listed the Ohme charger.

Here is the compatibility Link:

https://octopus.energy/intelligent-octo ... ibility/#/