Charger cable sticking

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Edgewater

Post by Edgewater »

Hi, newbie here and find charger cable sticks in car a few times: does the button to the right of the steering wheel (UK), have a time delay?

Thanks,

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

The car blocks the charging cable in all circumstances except the first 30 seconds from locked to unlocked doors state.
The button you mention is only for skipping once the charging timer (if programmed) and to charge immediately that time.
8thDay

Post by 8thDay »

I've not had as issue with the cable sticking (I assume you mean not releasing) on the Ariya but I have had a problem when I could not get the charging cable fully seated. I sort of guessed it was due to the cable lock being engaged even when there was no cable attached. The usual way to get round these sort of problems is to make sure the car is off & everything closed and then using the buttons on the key, lock the car and wait 10 or 20 seconds or so and then unlock it using the key again. Not sure if it is infallible but it's worth trying.

FWIW The manual is a bit of a laugh on the subject of cable connection issues such as -
Problem: Charging cable is not fully inserted. Solution: Fully insert Charging cable

The other less than satisfactory thing I read was when I thought it might be prudent to read about the procedure of manually unlocking the charging cable in case it locked on in the future. You are told to open the bonnet and locate a white coloured lever (a crummy graphic is provided). If the lever is not obvious don't worry because you are helpfully told where to find it - on the upper side of that well known part, the connector lock actuator. Having found this lever and no doubt with stress levels soaring all you need to do is turn it using "a flat bladed screwdriver or other suitable tool" - just the sort of things you are bound to keep handy in the glove box. Why on earth can they not make this lever operable by hand or failing that provide a small tool kit complete with suitable tool ?
Graham

Post by Graham »

I too had a look under the bonnet for this emergency release lever. Blowed if I can see it🙁
ashleycarr

Post by ashleycarr »

Lock unlock using key usually releases it. Had this problem at a Gridserve charger. They suggested doing it 3 times. It worked but don't know if just a couple of times would have sufficed.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Follow this link. Has a description and pictures. Just look on the opposite side for right hand drive.

https://www.ariyaforums.com/threads/pri ... /post-9617