Driver Information Screen Broken!

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

How long did it take them to fit new screen,mine is booked on next Tuesday

Tega

Post by Tega »

I dropped the car in at 9am and they rang me mid afternoon (same day) to say car ready to collect. They did arrange me a 2 day courtesy car when it was booked in as they weren’t totally sure how long it would be in the workshop.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

That's good. I need to take mine in now, I have a screen but it's useless as a touch screen. Map works in it but that is it. Also it take longer and longer to boot up. Slowly creeping to failure it seems.
Nisari

Post by Nisari »

Nisari wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:46 pm Similar issue here after 5 weeks, cockpit unit seems to be broken. Not sure if spareparts are available, will find out next week. Currently driving a QQ as replacement.
Within 2 weeks the issue was resolved by replacing the “cockpit unit”. Happy to drive the Ariya again 🤗
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

New screen fitted today all is well with the world(for now)
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Mine keeps baiting me by freezing now and again. Then normal for a few days then the touchscreen element doesn't work until a restart. But nothing perminant yet. Software keeps ditching some of my settings, randomly to. Just needs a big update .
angus5737

Post by angus5737 »

My faulty screen kept loosing settings.set the climate controls then would loose them on a restart.since new screen fitted all has been ok.i think it's time you had a new screen.seems all the software settings are affected by the faulty screen.
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Ok, will get it looked at. I still can't get my HVAC to reliably work to. Looking at the settings, if I put it to all down or feet, it goes to head and feet. If I turn any individual position of then it goes to feet but it's not very powerful even on full fan. Wonder if this could be caused by the screen selection issues etc?
karltk1

Post by karltk1 »

Has my car in the dealer for a few things. The screen issue has been recognised and I sent them a video explaining my faults. They are replacing the entire screen set up. Also going to look at my HVAC, as I still get cold legs. Not ideal when it's -5. Had a few codes flag up also. One of them was for inncorect voltage for the media display. Ironic. Maybe this is why it reboots alit and changes all my settings. Had another for a body control computer? Apparently this controls a lot of the main interactive systems. Interesting. Getting good feedback from my dealer and mechanic. Quite impressed really.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

karltk1 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:21 pm Has my car in the dealer for a few things. The screen issue has been recognised and I sent them a video explaining my faults. They are replacing the entire screen set up. Also going to look at my HVAC, as I still get cold legs. Not ideal when it's -5. Had a few codes flag up also. One of them was for inncorect voltage for the media display. Ironic. Maybe this is why it reboots alit and changes all my settings. Had another for a body control computer? Apparently this controls a lot of the main interactive systems. Interesting. Getting good feedback from my dealer and mechanic. Quite impressed really.
Nice feedback, thanks for sharing.