V2G, V2H V2L V2X

Faults and Technical chat for the Nissan Ariya
Mark77a

Post by Mark77a »

The absence of hype or tech specs or largely any detail from Nissan. (Other than its got a CCS charger)

Should we believe that the Ariya will not be able .. or just can't do currently? i.e. its still being tested?

Following success with Leaf (with chademo connector) .. this is surely the elephant in the Nissan room?

Anyone any insight?

Also what CCS charger?
Who's doing UK tests?
With 3-phase? bidirectional?

Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

Would also want to know this. I know that there are camping boxes in Japan that already work with the ChaDeMo Ariya in Japan for V2L, what we don't know is if it will work with the CCS spec in EU and US.
PosterMD

Post by PosterMD »

I got this reply from Nissan customer services.

Thank you for replying to Nissan Customer Services about the Nissan Ariya.

"As per the information I have with me, CHAdeMO is the only quick charging protocol that allows bi-directional charging and V2X capability. Vehicle to Home(V2H) capability with the Nissan Ariya is still under development and will not be available for the first few years. I hope this answers your query."
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

So in the best case there will be a future OTA update to enable it for the CSS port? Hope so. Meanwhile I think I'm fine using a powerful inverter connected to the 12V battery and using the DC-DC converter of the car for occasional camping purposes.
JimB

Post by JimB »

The statement "CHAdeMO is the only quick charging protocol that allows bi-directional charging and V2X capability..." surely is incorrect as Kia, Hyundai and even MG with their £25,000 4 have V2l and they don't use CHAdeMO connectors.
Cosmyc

Post by Cosmyc »

JimB wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:33 am The statement "CHAdeMO is the only quick charging protocol that allows bi-directional charging and V2X capability..." surely is incorrect as Kia, Hyundai and even MG with their £25,000 4 have V2l and they don't use CHAdeMO connectors.
The statement was always correct since the beginning of CCS, it's only just recently in the last 1 or 2 years that the CCS specification was updated to include V2X protocols, the standard in its original inception was not thought to be able to do it.

Aside from that, yes, currently that statement is no longer valid.